Tuesday, November 1, 2016

WEEK THIRTEEN


Hey guys!


This week seems like the longest week of my mission, but nonetheless it was a good week. Not a lot happened this week and it just seems  like forever since last Monday!  I am getting close to finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time on my mission. I am reading in 3 Nephi about when Christ came. I have noticed that reading that part compared to the rest of the Book of Mormon I feel a lot more peace.


I guess the highlight of the week was that we had an investigator at church! Her name is Courtney and she is friends with one of the youth in the branch. This was the first investigator I have had at church so far. We haven't taught her at all, but I am hoping that we can start to teach her. She came with Alyssa Dvorak to the chili cook off we had on Saturday. Elder Last and I brought our own chili and a pumpkin cheesecake. We invited a bunch of investigators to it, but no one showed, except Courtney, which is disappointing.


So for our zone focus this transfer we are focusing a lot on referrals. So we have made it an effort to ask everyone we talk to if they know someone that could benefit from our message or if they need any help. We taught a lesson to this lady named Dianna and as we were leaving we asked her if any one she knew could use some help with anything. She said definitely not the guy right behind her because he is a bad guy, but the next house down she said she thought she had seen missionaries there before and when we left we checked our area book for an investigator that lived there and no one did. So we were like great we got a referral! So we were walking down there and that guy she said not to talk to was outside and he started talking to us and he was this super grouchy old man. We told him we were missionaries and he said he doesn't know what religion we are and he doesn't care. Anyway we walked over to the house and right before we went to walk to the door I realized that we were at our Branch Presidents house. It was a super inspired referral and I think we did a good job with it, they are already baptized and they committed to come to church every week. We knocked on the door and told them about the story.  Anyways I thought it was worth sharing.


We had dinner at the Segers last p day and when we got there we heard this meowing and we went over and found this little kitty. So the Segers are keeping it. Haha Elder Last  and I got to name it! His name is Tux haha he looks like he has a tuxedo on. I have some pictures so you can see.


The investigators we have right now really aren't progressing that much, but we still have some that are doing good. We went and saw Little Fawn again with Brother Brimhall and Mitch and she was super stressed because she is trying to get her kids back from her ex husband and she needs space to put everyone. We helped her move all her stuff from room to room because Joseph and her were fighting and he wasn't there. She was super appreciative and I am hoping she will progress eventually.


So today we are in Mankato for a zone p day, but we had an interview with President Forbes. We left New Prague and met Faribault elders in Waterville then drove to Mankato. We just talked about our area and asked him a bunch of questions about whatever.


I'm just going to leave my testimony that I know that this church is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Being in Minnesota is way different and to just say that to someone has a lot of power. There are a lot of less actives that go to a different church now and I didn't think that ever happened in the church. I know that having a testimony of this gospel is how you stay active in this church. A lot of the less actives are less active because they don't have a strong testimony and they aren't reading their scriptures or praying often. I have realized that as I have been on my mission and I plan on carrying that with me as I get home. I would encourage all of you to continue to go to church and to read and pray to gain a stronger testimony of this gospel. I love y'all and I will talk to you next week!


Elder Bullock



"Tux" the kitten

Elder Last and I

WHO knew?  If you don't get that, never mind :)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment