Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 19


Hey guys!  So the highlight of this week would have to be the snow! I have been praying for it for awhile and we have gotten a bunch Saturday and Yesterday! We have been having a little trouble getting up our driveway and I usually have to get out and push because we live on a hill, but it is so worth it. It is supposed to get pretty cold soon too! Its been in the teens and I have gotten fairly used to it by now. The bad part about the snow is that not a lot of people came to church yesterday and we only had one investigator and that was James. I am getting pretty excited for his baptism and I should be here for it, but we will see. We actually stopped by yesterday and listening to him talk about the gospel I can just feel that he is really committed to it and I just love hearing his testimony! He called us a few days ago just to tell us he missed hearing our voices and that he had been reading some conference talks. I thought it was super cool! 


We saw the Berniers this week as well and it went super good! Amanda was in a good mood and she usually isn't because she was always hurting. They were asking a lot of questions and saying things like, if I got baptized, and it was super awesome. We are going to go over there and watch 17 Miracles with them sometime because they want to learn more about the saints and all that. They watched the movie The Prophet of the Restoration and they liked it. They kind of saved us because we had a dinner scheduled, but we were up in Oakdale for a Zone Conference and I guess every year they watch a movie as a zone around Christmas so we watched it's a Wonderful life. I also got to see the temple and it is super beautiful. It is a small temple, but I like it. It is actually right next to the stake center too. Anyways, we couldn't make it back in time for our dinner and so as we were driving home we got a text from Amanda and she told us to come over for some pizza so we were super blessed! 


Another cool miracle this week was we got a referral from one of the youth in the ward, Angela, and she was talking about the gospel with her friend Alex, but I guess they stopped talking so she wanted us to go over and try to teach her, but she didn't want us to use her name so we were trying to figure out how we could get a way in without using Angela's name and so we did a role play and Elder Huntley pretended to be Alex and I acted like I was knocking on her door. So after I was done talking Elder Huntley felt like there were some things I said that would really help her. So we went over to Alex's and we knocked on the door and it wasn't Alex, but I decided to just say what I was going to say and she told us she wasn't interested. Then we asked her if there was anyone she knew that could use this message and her face lit up and she said Alex. She told us that she was at her moms right now, but we could stop by on Monday after school. We think it was her step mom we talked to, but her name was Charity. I thought that was super cool and I know that wouldn't have happened if we didn't prepare for it.


Well not much else really happened this week. There weren't as many people at church this week either because of the snow! Anyways that's about it! I will talk to y'all next week.


Elder Bullock



Zone Conference

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree



No comments:

Post a Comment