Monday, October 3, 2016

WEEK NINE

TRANSFERS!

Hey guys 


Tuesday we didn't do a lot because I got Elder Moore up on time and we worked out and then got to studies. We put some less actives into our area book that we didn't have then Elder Moore decided to take a nap because he woke up on time. He slept until like 4:30 so we didn't have a lot of time to do anything that day so we just went to New Prague that day. We went tracting at some apartments where one of our investigators live and we eventually met Terry. She is I think Lutheran, but she is willing to hear what our beliefs are and she is really nice and told us she knew a little about our religion. She told us her great grandma rented to some missionaries and she called them her Mormon boys and Terry told us she has some Mormon boys of her own now. We said a prayer for her at the end and then she asked us if she could pray for us and that was really awesome. We had dinner with the Thomas family and they are so awesome. They live in a bus that they turned into a RV type thing and Sister Thomas makes a lot of herbal things and she uses a lot of plants in her cooking. They are moving to Arizona soon and are going to eventually live on a sailboat. I told Brother Thomas that he looks like Rob Lundquist from Homefree and so he looked up a picture and they are like twins.

On Wednesday Elder Moore said he didn't sleep at all so he was going back to bed. I let him sleep for awhile and I just read my scriptures for a couple hours. Sister Williams asked us to help them put in their pool liner over in Belle Plaine. So we did that for most of the day and Felix fed us homemade pizza and spaghetti. He is a really good cook and is the one who gave us the peppers that almost killed me. We didn't eat breakfast that day so we ate a lot there and we ate at like 1. We had a dinner that day too over in Elko New Market and Sister Choe texted us and asked us if we could eat earlier at like 4 and so after that my stomach really hurt. We went to teach a less active named Hyrum Labaron-Jones and his wife, Amber, opened the door and said Hyrum wasn't home, but he was going to be in about an hour. Amber told us that she was due the next day for her baby so that was pretty cool and she ended up having it on Thursday. Anyway we came back and Hyrum was there and he likes the country boys so I made sure I wore my cowboy boots. He has an interesting story with the church. He was raised in Mexico and was part of one of the break offs from the LDS church. His parents practiced polygamy and he said his dad had 50 kids and didn't know most of them!  He got baptized into our church when he was 20, but I'm not quite sure why he did because now he is going to a different church and doesn't actually know a lot about our church. He really likes to talk and he talks really fast so it was kind of hard to even get a word in, but he is super awesome and I think he liked me because of my boots and my voice. He said we could come back whenever and he said he has an open mind. 

Thursday we had a district meeting through Skype and then we went to Le Sueur. We stopped by Kristy's and she is going through a lot of things and she told us that she really appreciates us and then we tried to teach the restoration and then after we taught the first vision she told us that she need to be alone and told us to leave so she could think about this. Elder Moore asked her to be baptized if she found out that this was true and she said yes but she wouldn't commit to a date. It was kind of a weird situation to me. We stopped by a few people that weren't home except for Mike who is a stay at home dad but he was making dinner so we taught him a short lesson. We went to Le Center after that and I can finally say I have been to every town in my area now. We actually didn't even get to teach anyone there because Le Center is so far away that we can't go there that much, but we have a lot of miles left for this month. We did have dinner at this Mexican restaurant which was pretty good and then drove home to New Prague after that. 

Friday we got some more money for food so we went shopping because we had like no food at all. We got back to the apartment and I started reading my scriptures because I was almost done with Mosiah and then when I was done Elder Moore was asleep on the couch so I just read some more because it is almost impossible to wake Elder Moore up and if you do he is still half asleep and won't remember it then just go back to bed. After he woke up we went and had our weekly planning session at the church then went to the Segers for dinner. The kids and nan were the only ones there but Sister Seger made dinner before she left and Aurora brought the food outside for us to eat. After we got back to  New Prague we were able to just stop by one of our investigators. 

On Saturday we had General Conference! I hope everyone was able to watch it. We went to the church to watch it and apparently you are supposed to wear suits when you watch it. We were the only ones at the church but they were really good talks and I got a lot more out of them when I took notes. In between sessions we went and ate McDonald's in our suits and we got a lot of looks. We got invited to go to the Segers for dinner and a bonfire with the Grewes. So we went there and watched the Priesthood session and had dinner then we had a fire outside and it was one of Sister Grewes kids birthday so we had cake and I ate it to be nice.... anyway we just played with the kids and the dog for awhile. One of Sister Grewes kids always grabs my pinky and walks me around to show me things she is like 4, but she is the cutest. 

Sunday we went back to the Segers for Conference and we got there at like 9:30 and they made us breakfast. Mollie was supposed to come watch it with us but she never did. It was pretty much just watching conference. They made us lunch and dinner too so that was kind of nice. 

Today we drove up to Lakeville and are going to try and stay here the whole day. We are getting transfer calendar which tells us where we are going next transfer. I am staying in New Prague, but Elder Moore is leaving and I'm and getting a new trainer Elder Last. No one knows who he is though. Anyway I'm kind of excited.



Elder Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment