Monday, January 23, 2017

WEEK 25


Hey guys! 


This week was a pretty slow week, not a lot happened, but it was still good! The best part of it is that Amanda quit smoking on Saturday! Friday night they went shopping and Aidan bought her some suckers and gum so she could use that to help. So far so good, but its only been a few days. I know she can do it though and she knows too. She told us that she wants this more than anything and just wants to be baptized to be able to feel clean and start over. It is super exciting! We have been over there a lot this week and taught Rourke a few of the lessons. 


We were able to meet with Brant J. again. He was set to be baptized, but he wanted to take a break from it so he told us to text him on January 12th so we did and set up a lesson and we took Brother Edwards and we had a really good lesson! He didn't want to set a date yet and said that he wanted to start fresh so we taught him the restoration again and it went well. He said he remembered most of it, but it gave him a lot to think about. I think this time it will go a little better, he said that he has already been a few weeks sober so that is really cool. 


We saw William W. on Sunday and that went really well. We hadn't seen him in awhile because of his surgeries, but he let us in and we talked for awhile with him. It wasn't too much of a lesson, but a lot happened from it. We got a referral from him, he said he is coming to Amanda's baptism, he invited us to a loaves and fishes, and we told him there are lessons that we teach and asked if he and his wife would like to take them and they both said they wanted too! He even told us he is going to be making some more jerky and that we need to come get some! 


So I told you guys last Sunday we helped the McShane's with family history, and then this week we took Brother Edwards to the family history center to do some. Elder Huntley kinda taught me how to do it too so I actually found some names to take to the temple! 


Since Friday I decided I wanted to do the gallon water challenge where you drink a gallon of water a day. So Friday I started and I almost finished it, but not quite and Saturday was the same. On Sunday I did finish it and I think I should be able to finish it today. Now if you know me I really don't like drinking just water, but one of the members, Sister Hadler, told us about it and she was doing it and all the benefits from it so I decided to try it and so far I like it! Usually I am always dehydrated so I thought this would help. 


Last Monday we had a freezing rain storm and the roads were pretty bad! We were actually in Lake City, which is like a 30 minute drive, so after our dinner out there we had to drive home in it. It wasn't that bad since the roads were pretty well salted, well at least the highway was. When we left from dinner we got a text saying to get home as soon as possible haha the only really scary part was trying to get up our hill to the apartment. I almost made it, but then I got stuck so Elder Huntley got out and I tried to back down the hill to park down there, but I just started sliding down and I had no control! Luckily I hit a snow bank and it flipped the car around and everything was okay! 


On Thursday we went to the temple and it was really cool! This one is a lot smaller, but super pretty and it was cool to be able to talk with Elder Last in the Celestial room! We had 16 missionaries from our zone and I think there was some more missionaries that came after us. After we were done the members that took us up, the Jones, took us out to eat at Famous Dave's! Super good! 


At church we had two less actives that came and one of them about gave me a heart attack! We were standing by the front door saying hi to people that came in and then all of a sudden Sister Dorado came in! We have been trying to get her to come since I got here! At first I didn't recognized her, but it was really cool to see her there. She came alone without her husband so hopefully we can get him to come eventually too. I feel like him not wanting to go makes it harder for her to go. We actually went over there on Saturday and taught the Plan of Salvation to them and I think that is what got her to come. Elder Huntley said that they have been taught by missionaries for years and they all usually gave up. Elder Huntley hadn't met her until he was with me because Elder Creager had stopped by them before Elder Huntley got here and didn't think that she would come. So hopefully this wasn't a one time thing! The other less active was  John Johnson and he is less active right now just because he has cancer and is going through Chemo right now


Anyways that's about all I have! So I'll talk to y'all next week!


1 Nephi 11:17


Elder Tayson Wayne Bullock









No comments:

Post a Comment