Monday, January 30, 2017

WEEK 26


Hey guys! So Amanda and Rourke both passed their baptismal interviews! They will both be baptized this Saturday at four! I am pretty excited. They are probably one of my favorite families I have met on my mission! We had dinner with the Berniers on Saturday and had some pretty tasty steaks! The McGraths were there as well because Sister McGrath invited herself haha then after that there was a game night for all the adults and Blaine and Amanda went and we just played a bunch of board games! It was Aidan's birthday on Tuesday so we went over there and had cake with him and watched him open his presents. It was kind of funny when we were singing happy birthday and then after Xander blew out the candles, haha, he is my favorite! We were going to try and get Aidan some ties for his birthday, but we didn't have time so we just gave him some of ours and signed them on Sunday. We went over there and planned the baptism so it's legit now! 


We went over to Brant's again with Brother Gram and we set another date with him! He is ready this time and I think he definitely has a testimony and he has already been off alcohol for a few weeks now! He told us that Friday was his first day at work without coffee. When we were there he pretty much taught us the lesson, haha, he has known the church since he was 14 and he says it keeps coming back to him. His date is February 25th so that will be next transfer, so one of us might not be here. We only have one more week until we find out about transfers! Brant also went to the game night and I think that was really good for him to get to know more people because he is a quieter guy and usually won't talk if he doesn't have to. 


So today isn't actually my p day because we are going to have a zone p day on Wednesday and we will be playing games and we got the movie Finding Dory approved so I am pretty excited about that! So they are giving us a little time today to email and to shop. I think I can still email on Wednesday too so if you want to send me an email then too you can! 


So as some of you know there was a World Wide Missionary Broadcast and they switched up the schedules a little bit. So all of the missions changed, but they may be a little different from each other. My mission stayed close to what it was, but we had a few changes, which I really like. So before our schedule was like this:

Wake up at 6:30 am, pray and then go work out for a half an hour. Then we had an hour to get ready to be at studies at 8:00 am. We studied for an hour by ourselves then after we would study for another hour with our companion. Then we would go out and proselyte and come home at 9:00 pm. Then we would plan for the next day for half an hour, then go to bed.

Now it is like this:

Wake up at 6:30 am, pray and then go work out for half an hour. Then we have an hour and a half to get ready, which is super nice. At 8:30 am we do our planning for the day, so we don't have to do that at night. Then at 9:00 am we study by our self for an hour then we get to choose when we do our companionship study that day so maybe after lunch or right after companionship study. Then at 9:00 pm we get home and we write in our journals and now we can go to bed at 9:30 pm if we want to get more sleep, and I have been doing that.


I really like the new one and it makes the mornings a lot better to be able to get ready because I am a girl and take forever haha and then at night it is a lot better when we don't have to plan when we just want to go to bed. Our p days are a little different too and we don't have companionship study and we don't exercise in the morning, but we still study by our self. That way we get out at 800 am and we are able to get more done on p day. Some missions are different and they get to wake up later and get home later and other ones wake up earlier and get home earlier. 


We drove up to Burnsville to go interview a guy for baptism. We have a lot of miles so that hundred mile trip wasn't to bad! I even got to be kind of close to my last area! I kind of miss that place. Anyways the Eagan Sisters had a guy named John that we interviewed and he is super cool and he is from Liberia. He is getting baptized the same day as Amanda and Rourke. We have been trying to drive a lot because we have a lot of miles so we drove to the McGraths for haircuts and I really like it. I also bought me a Rubik's Cube and taught Elder Huntley how to do it haha. 


We had a new investigator at church today and I think I talked about her a little, but Sheila came and she got a ride from the Grams. She said she really liked it and she says she wants to come back! She stayed all three hours and we even had a linger longer after church and she stayed for that as well. 


Anyways I think that is all I got for this week! I'll talk to y'all next week!


1 Nephi 20:10

(Btw the scriptures are just scriptures I read this week that I liked.)


Elder Bullock






No comments:

Post a Comment