Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 29


Hey guys! This week was really good and we set two more dates! We set
a date with Dawhon's girlfriend to be baptized on the same day! We
also set a date with a guy named Stephan. He was in a trucking
accident and is handicapped from it so he can't drive now. We
invited them all to church but sadly they didn't come.

We had a Mission Presidents fireside and it was my first time being
able to go to the mission presidents fireside.   All the missionaries
that are close to the mission office bring investigators and there is
some people that speak and just talk about their conversion story.
Elder Moore and Elder Huntley got permission to come up because Elder
Moore got to go up and share his conversion story. We got a ride with
Brother Jendro who isn't a member, but he still comes to church. It was
so good to see a lot of missionaries that I have served around. Dawhon,
Stevyon and Andreanne were supposed to come to the fireside but they
ended up not coming.

We had a district meeting this week and it is a lot different here
because we do them in person every week. For this one we had the zone
leaders, the sister training leaders, and the APs. So we had every
form of leadership except for the mission president. It was a really
good district meeting and Sister Fuchs did a really good training on
how to get our investigators to come to church. We set a goal to have 22 of
our investigators come to church this upcoming Sunday. I don't know if
we got it or not, but we are going to do something fun if we did.

Another thing that has been different in this area is how much we have
seen the other missionaries. I know I have already talked about it,
but we literally had two lessons back to back with the sisters and the
other night the other elders slept at our place on the couch. We
literally see them every day. It has been super warm out so we have been
biking out a little more. The past two days have been in the upper 50s
and today it's supposed to be in the 60s. Today has rained a lot and
with the warm weather everything is melting so when I ride my bike
the back of my shirt gets covered in mud. So that's the only
downside so far so I am really enjoying the nice weather. I had to
get used to biking again because while I was in Red Wing we did not
bike at all. When we had those two back-to-back lessons with the
sisters we were on bikes and they were in the car and we tried racing
them, but it didn't work. I think it's a lot more fun to be on bikes,
especially in the cities, because you can stop and talk to people. In
my last two areas there was no one walking around so we can't do that
much.

I'm not sure if I talked about our zone focus yet, but as a zone we
are trying to invite 3000 people to church during this transfer. So
one night we went on an exchange and I went with Elder Jorgensen and
we just walked on the street and talk to everybody we saw. On the way
back to the apartment there was this lady trying to get under the hood
of her car. Usually I wouldn't have stopped to talk to her because I
am not used to stopping to talk to people, but since we have this
focus I stopped to invite her to church. I think that this focus will
help me to be able to become better at talking to people. Anyways, I tried 
to help her get under the hood of her car, but she couldn't unlock her car. I
think she was a little confused, but after she called some guy she
thanked us for stopping and I invited her to church and set up a
lesson with her. She said she has been looking for a church so that
was cool.

We were driving down the road and there was a homeless guy asking for
money at a stoplight so I decided to give him three bucks and then
Elder Harper decided to give him a mormon.org card and invited him to
church. So that was cool... we ended up inviting 67 people to church
this week. Anyways, we are at the church and about to play volleyball
and I can't think of anything else to say. Emailing is a lot harder to get done
when there are other missionaries and you get to do more stuff, haha. 
Anyways, I will talk to y'all later!


Elder Bullock
 New Comp. Elder Harper





Been working hard, time for some rest




     Sister 
missionaries







No comments:

Post a Comment