Wednesday, May 24, 2017

President Nelson


 Hello everybody. So this week I really didn't work in Menomonie too much because of exchanges and President Nelson. So on Thursday the Eau Claire elders came down and worked in Menomonie. I went with Elder Meyer and we went and taught Tabitha and Linda. Elder Meyer was doing Tab's baptism interview so he wanted to meet her first so we taught her a lesson and he got to know her. Then we went to Linda's and taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and asked her to commit to come to church and she said she would when she could find a time that she wasn't going to go to her church. Then all four of us went to a place called Hangs, which is a Vietnamese restaurant.

Then that night I went to Eau Claire with Elder Lucero.  Elder Lucero is a Hmong missionary so the whole time I was trying to learn Hmong. Nyob Zoo! Yexus Khetos lub koom txoos ntawm tsoom haiv neeg ntseeg hauv hnub nyoog kawg. Siab ntsib dua! And I can pronounce it pretty decent too. I was practicing like the whole day. We taught a lot of Hmong people as well and I got my Hmong name which is Nyiaj Thoj. Nyiaj means Money haha and Thoj is my clan name. In Hmong there is only like 13 last names and they are like the 13 tribes. So that was a fun day. 

Then Friday night Elder Lucero, the Eau Claire sisters and I drove down to South Saint Paul and drop the sisters off with the Cottage Grove sisters. Then Elder Lucero and I drove up to Oakdale and stayed the night. The next day we drove down to Bloomington with the Oakdale elders. We got all of our packages and materials we needed and I was also able to get me a Hmong name tag.  Then we all went in and lined up for a picture with President Nelson. Before he came in we sang children's primary songs.  Then when he walked in we finished our song, took a picture and then went into the chapel.  While we went into the chapel every single missionary got to shake President Nelson's hand and also Craig C. Christensen who is one of presidents of the 70.  We also got to shake Elder Stacy's hand who is our area 70.  He focused a lot on the Book of Mormon and asked the question, if the Book of Mormon was taken out of our lives how different would our lives be.  Some of us got to stand up and tell what we thought.  There would be a huge difference in our lives and a lot of the simple truth that we know would be lost.

 Today we went and helped Hsaing  move some of her heavy stuff into a trailer. We also went longboarding today because a member has some longboards and we wanted to go.  It was pretty fun and we took some videos. Well that's about all I have so I'll talk to y'all  later.

Elder Bullock 





Mission conference with President Russell M Nelson

 (center, front row)

Elder Bullock is in the third row behind the second man sitting on the left (wearing the purple tie), behind the Sister with the black and white striped jacket


No comments:

Post a Comment