Tuesday, August 23, 2016

WEEK THREE- Heading to Minnesota tomorrow


 Hey

I am so excited that I am leaving tomorrow! I loved the MTC, but sitting in class all day was getting kind of boring. It almost makes me glad that I am not speaking a language. Sometimes you get to learn a language while out in the field which I think would be better so I don't have to be at the MTC forever. 

This week was really good I was able to be a host for the new missionaries last Wednesday. I liked it, but it reminded me of when I came and I didn't like that. The first Elder I hosted was Elder Plata. He was from the Phillippines and he as going to Korea. He spoke English which made it easier. He flew in early so I didn't have to see him say goodbye to his family or anything. The next two Elders were both from Layton and were going to South Carolina. Elders Gillingham and Micheals. I picked them both up from their parents and then I took them to get stuff and dropped off their bags.

Last week I told you that Elder Holland was coming. Well I kind of lied, he was just in Provo and rumors started that he was coming here. Holland is one of my favorites so I was kind of sad, but Bonnie L. Oscarson came and spoke to us and she did a really good job. Sunday The Nashville Tribute Band came for our devotional and they talked and sang about Joseph Smith. We were in the choir so we got to sing with them which was way cool. After we watched two films that have never been shown before to the missionaries. They were both about Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery and how they translated the Book of Mormon. It was really good and I am glad I got to see it.

On Friday we had Infield Orientation which is just like a big class for every one that was leaving that week about how it was going to be like in the field. They had a live play that showed how a new missionary usually is. Elder Severn was called out of the audience and actually got to be in the play as the new missionary.  I actually didn't get to see him do it because I was in a later play where they called a different missionary to be in it.

This week I was able to give Sister Parker a blessing of comfort because she has been having a hard time here. I was an amazing experience and I was guided by the spirit and said things I never would have said before. Elder Lytle has been sick all week and one day he stayed back in the residence. In class one day he asked Elder Huntley and I to give him a blessing. I did the annointing and Elder Huntley did the sealing. It was a cool thing and I am getting more comfortable doing it.

Every time we go to the temple we do endowments for Elder Huntley's family. I asked Elder Huntley if he could teach me how to search for what they needed. I haven't found anyone that needs an endowment so I haven't been able to do my own. I did find out that Elder Lytle and I are related through Charlemange. I actually didn't know who he was, but apparently he was a famous king of like Germany.

Kaelin committed to be baptized which was awesome. She was kind of late so we didn't get to teach a full lesson, but we felt the spirit and talked about baptism and repentance. She was our last TRC and that was the last time we were able to teach her. We did get to teach a random guy walking with a gold tag, which means he was like a TRC. We walked up to him and just started to talk to him. He told us he was from Peru and he had a really hard name. It was like Baurlo or something. We were supposed to be back in class in fifteen minutes, but we ended up talking to him for half an hour. We talked mostly about faith, but he had a lot of questions so we taught a bunch of different things. At the end he gave us hugs and told us that he loved us which was kind of awkward, but he was really nice.

In our district meeting on Sunday Elder Huntley and I had the lesson. It was about obedience and we really didn't have a long lesson prepared, but we had a really good lesson and I shared more than I usually do. You guys know how much I like to teach people and to talk in front of people.

So tomorrow at the airport I have to pay all of my fees, but they reimburse what I pay and put it on my mission card. I bought a call card so that it doesn't cost me a millon dollars to call you guys. I don't know exactly how to use it, but I'll figure it out. I wouldn't mind if you sent me my cowboy boots when I got to Minnesota I have been kind of missing them. I don't really get to wear regular clothes that much anyway.

I wish I could have been up to elk camp with you guys. I have been talking with some Elders about hunting and things like that so I know I'm not alone. I told Sister Cope that I was from a small town of 800 and she was kind of surprised. She is from Sacramento so she is used to big cities. She told me that my mom and her mom were emailing each other which I thought was kind of cool.

I am in Alma right now and I'm reading about Alma and the sons of Mosiah. They are good stories and make me excited about my mission. I don't think I want to serve a 14 year mission though. anyways I love you guys and I'll talk to you soon I guess.

Elder Bullock




Provo temple- on an early morning run with Elder Huntley

Elder Severn and I

Elder Rossell and I
Elder Lytle  and I
Me photo bombing Elders Lytle and Huntley
Elder Metler





District Sisters and I

No comments:

Post a Comment