Monday, June 5, 2017

10 month mark!


Nyob zoo os! Kuv lub npe hu ua Nyiaj Thoj! So this week was a little crazy. I got transferred in the middle of a transfer. President Forbes called us on Wednesday the 31st and said that I was getting transferred to Eau Claire. It was kind of weird he said it wasn't an emergency transfer just a transfer, but regular transfers are next Monday. But its pretty much the same thing. He said that I will be in a zebra area, which is a half language,  half English area. Eau Claire is a Hmong area. He said that I will be learning Hmong and if I can learn it I will be a Hmong Elder. So the rest of this week has been super fun and I have been learning pretty well. Elder Lucero is my Companion and he is from San Diego.  He knows Hmong pretty well. He has been a super great teacher. The Hmong grandmas here are super funny. They don't speak English, but I can understand a little and Elder Lucero tells me what they are saying. 

On Wednesday we spent a lot of our day biking around with one of our investigators named Baylee. He just showed us around Menomonie and showed us a lot of the history of it. He also got us into the Mueseum for free. He is a cool kid. 

The day I got here to Eau Claire, which was June 1st, we had a member from Milwaukee that texted us and wanted to take us out to dinner. He took us to Buffalo Wild Wings! I love that place so much. He was a super cool guy! That night we also went to institute and guess who was there... Tabs was there! 

We have a few investigators and a recent convert that are pretty sweet. Bee Thao is a Hmong Grandma who wants to get baptized and comes to church but her husband won't let her be baptized. A lot of the OGs, which is what the yonger Hmong kids call the older people that were born in Laos, still follow the Hmong culture. A lot of Hmong poeple are Shaman. Not quite sure what that is, but its kind of cool. We also have a Recent Convert who is going to the temple soon. She feeds us every time we are over there. She is like 90! 

So something pretty crazy happened this Sunday.. the Eau Claire ward and the Chippewa Falls branch combined. So our area got a lot bigger and we are thinking that the Chippewa falls elders will be Eau Claire English Elders and we will be Hmong and then we will have Sisters. So we think the Chippewa falls elders will be moving in with us. I also went to Relief Society for the first time because Elder Lucero had to translate. So I think that this apartment is my favorite one I have had so far. It is huge and really nice! 

Today we had Menomonie come up and we played games and Volleyball with them and the sisters so it was pretty fun. But yeah that's my week! I will talk to y'all later! 

Elder Bullock 

1. Elder Peterson and I
2. Derick and I
3. Sister Helland and Calvin
4. Derick is the coolest!
5. Elder Lucero and I

















No comments:

Post a Comment