Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Transfers


Hey y'all! So we found out about transfers today and I am staying here in Eau Claire so that's good! I have only been here for two weeks so I figured that I was staying. Elder Lucero is leaving though and he is going to the Hmong branch in St Paul! My new companion is Elder Vang. He is Hmong, but he speaks English too! I met him a few times and he is super cool! I think we are going to have a lot of fun together and I think he will help me out with the language a lot! I will be taking the area over after 2 weeks though! 

This week has been pretty good! The Chippewa Elders have stayed over a lot and they will be moving in soon, but we are not sure when! Since the Chippewa Elders are doing more of the English work we have been able to do a lot more Hmong work! 

We went and worked in Menomonie on Tuesday and we met a Hmong family that said we could come back. Her name Mai.. It was all in Hmong so I didn't catch all of what they were saying. We also went and saw a less active girl named Rosy. She is about our age and she is really cool, but hasn't been to church in a few months. We invited her to institute and she said she would come and she didn't so we will have to see why that was! I think she can make it back to church. At least I hope we can help her with that. 

We are teaching some older Hmong people  to speak English so we did that this week as well! They fed us some Pho and then we taught them! I went back into the kitchen to throw my bowl away and I saw a chicken head in the Pho.. Elder Lucero said that its good, but I am not so sure. 

We have seen Tais Kab (Grandma Ga) a few times this week! She gives us food every time we go over. I practice asking her questions in Hmong when I go over there! She is the best old lady! After church we had a linger longer type thing and she asked for a blessing and we got a few people to help us. We tried to give her one last week but we went over to give it to her and she asked where everyone else is. I guess she wanted a lot of people to help with it. 

We weren't able to see Bee this week because she was out of town but she should be home now! This week I have learned a lot about the Hmong Culture! It is super interesting! We tried to go buy me my own Hmong tie and we went to this Hmong store and found one but it was super old and they were asking 30 dollars for it. They said that they can make me one and make it more my size and I would get to choose the colors. So they said it would be done in July. Then the old Grandma that was going to be making it told Elder Lucero that she actually wanted 40 dollars for it. He told her that that was too much and she told us that she wasn't making it. He told me all about it after we left haha.

Anyways that's all I have for this week! I will talk to y'all later!

Elder Bullock





The Hellands

Hmong ties-Elder Lucero and Elder Bullock

Toad

Weather


No comments:

Post a Comment