Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Year Mark!


Man so I will hit my year mark on Thursday! It feels so weird! Only one more year!


Man, well this week has been pretty good! There are a lot more Hmong people here. Like more than white people. My Hmong has already gotten better since I have been here and I am starting to understand it but not quite. I can pick up a word here and there and get the other words from context sometimes. In church I said the opening prayer in Hmong and I was told that I  have a good Hmong accent and that I did well. I am loving it though. It is super fun being here and it's fun to see all the other missionaries! We have the Spanish Elders and the Minneapolis Hmong Elders that come over and do laundry and our zone plays basketball every Saturday morning! Its fun to be in the language zone! 


Not a lot happened this week except saying goodbyes and all that. We did get to go see an Amish community before I left Eau Claire so that was cool! It was super cool. We went with some ysa in the ward to see it. 


I was able to see Elder Beutlers family on Wednesday as well and it was a little different. He isn't a missionary anymore and its just weird to think, also Elder Peterson! I am going to miss them a lot! 


We had 5 investigators at church on Sunday so that was cool! I don't know all of them yet, but it was cool! So we have two dates sets right now Suab Nag Lee and Maiv Nyiaj Yaj! I haven't met them yet, but I am excited to. At church I was able to have short conversations with people all by myself so I am getting there. They have been saying that I sound good so all I need to work on is understanding and I just need more vocabulary and I should be good. 


Today we went to the Como Zoo which was free so that was cool. I will be sure to send my pics! Well that's about all I have for this week. I am sure I forgot about something since this past week has just kind of been a blur, but I can just write it next week! Kuv yuav tham rau nej lub as thiv tom qab no! Kuv nco nej! Sib ntsib dua! 



Tub Txib Nyiaj Thoj 


Elder Bullock 



Eau Claire pictures


Bee Theo, she gave me my Hmong name! She's the best, she gave me a Hmong tie also



Tais Kab






Amish store






St. Paul pictures












Como zoo












St Paul 




Little girl with a Chow Chow





















No comments:

Post a Comment